And thus starts my August Blogging Challenge. I had hoped to finish my reflections on reflections as an introvert but I have been feeling under the weather (appropriate because it’s pouring down, again) so I am instead going to set out some structure for this month.
I think it is appropriate for me to have something to focus on at this time because August has always been a lost month for me. I love the light and hope in spring and I love the green warmth of summer (not that there has been much warmth for us in the Irish Sea this year, it has rained for 2 months straight) but August has always meant the end of summer and the beginning of the dreaded autumn. Aimless, formless summer holidays in my school and university days haven’t helped.
This month I find myself… I don’t know… a bit unsure? I want something to work on, to aim for. At times like this only a clear, concise bullet-pointed list can help.
- Blogging: I want to write a blog post everyday, as previously mentioned. I also want to devote more time to the design aspect. Which is what I said last August too so don’t hold your breath.
- Yoga: I want to increase my general fitness in order to prepare myself for the intensive teacher training. Also I want to devote some time each week to read the many many yoga books I have accumulated. Anatomy, philosophy, communicating ideas effectively… I have so much to learn.
- Meditation: I want to recommit. Inevitably my formal practice has declined as I have recovered from depression. This I do not like but I can sort it before meditation stops being part of my life.
- Pranayama: Keep up with the daily practice I have started (and again let lapse since I’ve been ill)
- Painting: I have to bolster up my self-esteem. This deserves a post in itself but briefly, since the major highs of my first exhibition I have been experiencing terrible holes in my confidence, doubts in my ability and a whole host of “why should I bother?” I have to weed out my insecurities and find ways to carry on with my practices when I am going through lows like this.
- Cleaning and sorting: Erm, yeah, I should do it more. I am the messiest person ever, a reformed hoarder. I think I need to write about that too!
Lots to write about.